Metaformers Platform Usage Agreement
This document outlines the privileges you have as a user of Metaformers products, and the responsibilities we mutually uphold in providing you with access to the Metaformers Platform. This agreement is between you, the user, and us, Metaformers, a Virginia corporation.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com for clarification. We welcome honest, well-intentioned dialog with our users.
Purpose of Services
Metaformers strives to build stronger communities by leveraging the vision and resources of local nonprofits and their supporters. Metaformers products and services are designed to create efficiency and transparency for the donors, volunteers, and nonprofits that are solving problems in their communities.
Scope of the Agreement
The Metaformers Platform consists of products using the Metaformers.com internet domain and other products developed by Metaformers and linked from the Metaformers.com website. This agreement governs the usage of the Metaformers Platform. Metaformers products may have additional usage agreements that are amendments to this agreement.
Security and Access
You are welcome to create an account on the platform if you meet the legal requirements for account ownership in your jurisdiction. As Metaformers is registered in the United States of America, you must be at least 13 years of age. If you are accessing the Metaformers Platform on behalf of a company or other organization you must have authority to represent that organization.
Metaformers will guard your private credentials, such as password, using industry best practices. In the case of a data breach we will move as quickly and transparently as possible to restore access and ensure service continuity and the privacy of our users. You must also protect your account credentials and maintain access to any external accounts used to authenticate to the platform.
To improve the reliability of the platform, Metaformers may use aggregated site usage data. Data that uniquely identifies users is not used in performance monitoring.
Metaformers will be direct and honest when communicating publicly. This does not mean that opinions, best practices, and technologies do not change. As Metaformers grows and changes as a business we will update this agreement with clarifications when appropriate. We may use other communication platforms such as email and blogs to discuss changes to our business and the Metaformers Platform.
You must also be honest. When working with nonprofits and community organizations there are documents that require accurate information. We may provide a way to use nicknames or to remain anonymous when allowed, but such means are not always practical and their implementation is not guaranteed.
Freedom From Harassment
If you are made to feel uncomfortable by the activities of users, speak up (email firstname.lastname@example.org). Metaformers may chose to take actions to delete, modify, or hide content we deem to be offensive.
We do not disclose your data outside of the normal business purposes of Metaformers and as required by law. Metaformers does not participate in marketing programs or otherwise benefit from access to your personal information. When our software requests access to personal information we will clearly state the reason for the data collection. If you are unsure, please contact us for clarification. Review the Additional Privacy Terms and Conditions for details on data collection and usage.
Additional Privacy Terms and Conditions
The following data is collected by or on behalf of CivicRush:
- When a user creates or updates their CivicRush account, the user may provide name, email, password, phone number, city and state, gender, birthdate, language preference and profile image.
- Approximate location data is used to provide relevant content. Users’ may use the CivicRush app without enabling CivciRush to collect location data from their mobile devices. However, this may affect features in the CivicRush app.
- Usage data is collected about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as dates and times the app was used, app crashes, device type, operating system and language.
- We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address or other unique device identifiers, operating systems and versions, software, and preferred languages.
Personal Data Usage
CivicRush uses personal data to enable reliable communication and participation of events.
- CivicRush does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing.
- CivicRush may use personal data to generate and provide users with account recovery.
- CivicRush uses the information collected to provide customer support, including to investigate and address user concerns.
- We may use personal data for research, analysis, product development and to improve user experience. This helps us make our services easy-to-use, enhance the safety and security and develop new features.
- CivicRush may use personal data to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communication about features, promotions, surveys, news, updates and events. We may do so through various methods, including email, push notifications, in app notifications and ads on third party platforms.
- In connection with legal proceedings. We may use personal data to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of CivicRush services, to satisfy requirements under applicable laws, regulations, or operating licenses or agreements, or pursuant to legal process or governmental request, including from law enforcement.
Data Sharing and Disclosure
Some of CivicRush’s services and features require that we share personal data with other users. We may also share such data for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
- Sharing data with other users include:
- User’s full name, nickname, rating, participation, profile location, profile photo
- Volunteers’s check in and check out from event and ratings
- Comments, testimonials, and uploaded photos or videos to event galleries
- Sharing data with the general public include:
- Questions, comments, photos and/or videos from users submitted through public forums such as CivicRush blogs and social media pages or shared from the mobile app and viewable by the public.
- Sharing data for legal reasons or in the event of a dispute:
- If required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns. This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, public health officials, other government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies; to protect CivicRush’s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services. This also includes sharing personal data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
- Sharing data with consent:
- CivicRush may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
Data Retention and Deletion
CivicRush retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above.
- Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time.
- Users may request deletion of their account at any time through “Delete Account” link located on account settings screen. Alternatively, users may contact email@example.com and request their account and personal data be deleted.
- Data will be deleted upon the user’s request. Once an account deletion request is received by CivicRush support team, the process may take approximately 20 business days to complete the deletion of all personal data.
- Following an account deletion request, CivicRush deletes the user’s account and data (name, email, password, phone number, city and state, gender, birthdate, language preference and profile image), unless they must be retained due to legal or regulatory requirements, for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention, or because of an issue relating to the user’s account such as an unresolved claim or dispute.
Metaformers does not claim intellectual property rights over content you create on the platform. Your use of the platform does not grant Metaformers any privilege other than its use on Metaformers properties.
Do not post content you do not own, that reveals secrets you are not authorized to share, is malicious in intent, or otherwise causes harm. Posting content to the Metaformers platform does not indicate that the content will survive forever on our platform, or that we are obligated to display it.
Some features of the Metaformers platform may require a subscription to access. Fees and terms will be agreed upon at the time of your enrollment in the service and those terms will be an amendment to this agreement.
If Metaformers is unable to collect subscription fees, your access to premium features may be revoked. Your cancellation of a subscription will be effective on the first day of the following month. Refunds and credits may be given at the discretion of Metaformers.
Metaformers provides the platform with the hope it can make our communities better. We provide no warranty or guarantee that we can achieve that goal. In fact, Metaformers offers no warranty or guarantee of any kind.
Metaformers provides its products as is. Your choice to use them, and your interpretation of data and the results of its use are completely your responsibility. Metaformers is not responsible for any damages or losses resulting from the use of the Metaformers Platform or content derived from the platform.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE UNDER THE LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGES OR LOSS YOU MAY INCUR, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE. WHERE SUCH WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS AND/OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY ARE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROFITS, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU, IF ANY, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU PAID, IF ANY, TO USE THE SERVICE.
(Aside: We try really hard to do the right things, but mistakes happen. We want to focus on innovation and driving down costs for nonprofits and finding ways to strengthen communities. By waiving any warranty claims you help us to keep getting better and moving forward.)
You agree to indemnify Metaformers from claims related to your use of the platform. You will defend any claim, suit, demand, or proceeding against Metaformers by a third party that results from your content posted to the platform or use of the platform in violation of this agreement or the law. We will provide reasonable support to you at your expense.
The maximum liability of Metaformers to any user is the total amount of revenue collected from the userâ€™s subscriptions. Metaformers has no liability for direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages related to the use, misuse, or unavailability of the platform or related services.
Changes to the Metaformers Platform
The Metaformers Platform is constantly undergoing change in an effort to improve the service and add new features to better fulfill our purpose. Your use remains governed by the most recent version of this agreement, which also applies to new products and services that are part of the Metaformers Platform.
This agreement may also change from time to time, and you agree to accept the most recent version. The latest agreement will always be published at the same location as the version you are reading now). Substantial or fundamental changes will be communicated through other sources as well.
Duration of this Agreement
This agreement remains in effect as long as you maintain an account or have data stored in the Metaformers Platform. If any of the terms set forth in this agreement are found to be invalid, the other parts of the agreement remain in effect.
Use of Metaformers Property
You may freely use our name, logo, screenshots, and other materials for promoting the platform and driving visitors to the Metaformers Platform. You may not use our name or properties to imply that we have a relationship or endorse your products and services without our consent. The look and feel of all parts of the Metaformers Platform are copyright 2018 Metaformers, Inc.