Additional Privacy Terms and Conditions
The following data is collected by or on behalf of CivicRush:
- When a user creates or updates their CivicRush account, the user may provide name, email, password, phone number, city and state, gender, birthdate, language preference and profile image.
- Approximate location data is used to provide relevant content. Users’ may use the CivicRush app without enabling CivciRush to collect location data from their mobile devices. However, this may affect features in the CivicRush app.
- Usage data is collected about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as dates and times the app was used, app crashes, device type, operating system and language.
- We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address or other unique device identifiers, operating systems and versions, software, and preferred languages.
Personal Data Usage
CivicRush uses personal data to enable reliable communication and participation of events.
- CivicRush does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing.
- CivicRush may use personal data to generate and provide users with account recovery.
- CivicRush uses the information collected to provide customer support, including to investigate and address user concerns.
- We may use personal data for research, analysis, product development and to improve user experience. This helps us make our services easy-to-use, enhance the safety and security and develop new features.
- CivicRush may use personal data to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communication about features, promotions, surveys, news, updates and events. We may do so through various methods, including email, push notifications, in app notifications and ads on third party platforms.
- In connection with legal proceedings. We may use personal data to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of CivicRush services, to satisfy requirements under applicable laws, regulations, or operating licenses or agreements, or pursuant to legal process or governmental request, including from law enforcement.
Data Sharing and Disclosure
Some of CivicRush’s services and features require that we share personal data with other users. We may also share such data for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
- Sharing data with other users include:
- User’s full name, nickname, rating, participation, profile location, profile photo
- Volunteers’s check in and check out from event and ratings
- Comments, testimonials, and uploaded photos or videos to event galleries
- Sharing data with the general public include:
- Questions, comments, photos and/or videos from users submitted through public forums such as CivicRush blogs and social media pages or shared from the mobile app and viewable by the public.
- Sharing data for legal reasons or in the event of a dispute:
- If required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns. This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, public health officials, other government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies; to protect CivicRush’s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services. This also includes sharing personal data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
- Sharing data with consent:
- CivicRush may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
Data Retention and Deletion
CivicRush retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above.
- Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time.
- Users may request deletion of their account at any time through “Delete Account” link located on account settings screen. Alternatively, users may contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request their account and personal data be deleted.
- Data will be deleted upon the user’s request. Once an account deletion request is received by CivicRush support team, the process may take approximately 20 business days to complete the deletion of all personal data.
- Following an account deletion request, CivicRush deletes the user’s account and data (name, email, password, phone number, city and state, gender, birthdate, language preference and profile image), unless they must be retained due to legal or regulatory requirements, for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention, or because of an issue relating to the user’s account such as an unresolved claim or dispute.